Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Speechlessly hopeful.


My fingers throb of a new song of praise pressed into wire strings. My dusted off guitar sings again that shallow hum of rhythm that soothes soul. What is it about hollow wood and wire that makes such…. romance? …. Yes. That must be the right word. Would anyone dare deny it? I try desperately to remove words from my mind and form sentences, but there really aren’t any words to describe what I feel. I sit in a room taken over by chaos, life scattered over every surface; the epitome of time slipping away and sleep deprivation taking it’s toll; eyes growing heavy. So I sit in this room and all I can think of is the smile that has been plastered to my face, the number of times that I have laughed in the only the past few min, the fact that my stomach ties itself in knots an forgets to remind me to eat until I have been overcome with hunger…. Why these feelings, you may ask? Well… if you are who I think you are, whoever you are, whenever you are… you won’t have to ask. You will already know. Most times I write to express a thought that I don’t think anyone would understand, but this time… I know you understand, whoever you are. And I don’t even have to use words. Speechlessly hopeful.

"For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." Romans 8:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment