Sunday, February 26, 2012

Solitude

There is solitude this afternoon, just like I prayed for last night. i Love when God makes Himself known even in those little ways.  The television has been silenced. The windows are open and I can hear the thin palm leaves rustling against one another. The wind chimes add their light 'cling-clang' and the birds join in song. A rejoice symphony of sun. I am peeling and slicing apples to make fresh apple butter, the organic mist scenting my clothes as I slice. The kettle has just whistled with furry and I pour myself some fresh mint and cacao tea; loose-leaf, of course. :)
If only my surroundings would sing the same song. Instead of being in the rush of a city, my home would be down some dirt road on a countryside where GPS devices start getting all screwy and there would be a man to call 'warrior' somewhere in the mix. So here I am, dreaming. Again. How is it that this thought and hope of love is seemingly tangible and yet so far away? It taunts me. Haunts me. Is it just the nature of women, or is it rooted in the desire that God has placed within me to raise a family fearless to proclaim the gospel of Christ: a missionary family? Does this happen to you too, whoever you are? Will it ever meet up to our dreams, or are they misleading? I wish that I knew, but instead I am left to trust God... But where else would I want to be? :)

" Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in hell, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me." -Psalm 139:7-10
-Blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment